Golden visa is residency by investment into that particular country. Spain introduced this program for non EU citizens in 2013. So any foreigner can now be a resident in the country by way of investment.
Benefits of golden visa spain
- High quality of life
- Ability to include a spouse or unmarried partner, children who are financially dependent and are of any age (adult children must be enrolled in school full-time), and parents who are financially dependent and are 65 years of age or older.
- Access to the nation’s free public healthcare and education systems
- A dynamic EU nation with breathtaking scenery
- Citizens of Ibero-American nations, Andorra, Equatorial Guinea, Portugal, and the Philippines, as well as Sephardic Jews and their descendants, have the option to petition for Spanish citizenship after two years of actual residency.
- Educational institutions that offer instruction in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Mandarin
how to acquire the golden visa
One of the following investments must be made in Spain as part of the Spain Residency by Investment Program:
- The purchase of property worth no less than EUR 500,000. (one or several properties)
- At a minimum amount of EUR 1 million, investment money, bank deposits, or publicly traded company shares must be held in Spanish financial institutions.
- An investment in government bonds worth a minimum of EUR 2 million
- Providing supporting documentation is a requirement of the application procedure.
who is eligible?
A non-EU national who is at least 18 years old and satisfies the following criteria is qualified for the Spain Golden Visa.
- The applicant must commit a sizable sum of money to an investment in Spain. This can be done by investing in real estate worth at least €500,000, investing in public debt or investment funds worth at least €1 million, opening a Spanish bank account with at least €1 million, or beginning a business venture in Spain that is deemed to be of broad interest.
- The applicant must possess a current passport that was issued by their country of origin.
- No Criminal History: Neither in Spain nor in their country of origin, the applicant must be free of any prior criminal convictions.
- Health Insurance: The candidate must have complete, legally-binding health insurance in Spain.
- Financial Resources: The applicant must have enough money to support themselves and their family members while they are living in Spain.
- Spain-based residence: The applicant must be able to prove that they intend to stay there for at least a year.
- No Danger to Public Order or National Security: The applicant must not pose a risk to the stability of the country or the public.
To find out if you qualify for the Spain Golden Visa Scheme, you are welcome to request a free consultation from the professionals at Advision Overseas. If you are, we can assist you with both the Spain visa application process and the acquisition of the investment.