The Portugal D7 visa, also known as the Retirement Visa, is a type of long-term visa in Portugal designed for individuals who want to retire or live off passive income in the country. It is also known as the Retirement Visa or Passive Income Visa.
Applicants of the Portugal D7 Retirement Visa must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Proof of finances: Applicants must demonstrate that they have sufficient financial resources to support themselves and their family members for the duration of their stay in Portugal. Currently, the minimum requirement is €7,620 per year for the main applicant and €3,810 per year for each dependent.
- Health insurance: Applicants must have valid health insurance that covers them for the duration of their stay in Portugal.
- Criminal record certificate: Applicants must provide a criminal record certificate from their home country and any country where they have lived for more than one year.
- Accommodation: Applicants must provide proof of accommodation in Portugal, either through ownership or rental.
The Portugal D7 visa is valid for up to four months and can be extended for up to two years. After two years, the applicant can apply for a permanent residency permit, which is valid for five years and can be renewed. Holders of this visa enjoy the following benefits:
- Visa-free travel within the Schengen Area: Holders of the Investment Visa can travel freely within the Schengen Area without the need for additional visas.
- Opportunity for permanent residency: After five years of holding the D2 Visa, the applicant can apply for permanent residency.
- Possibility of Portuguese citizenship: After six years of living in Portugal, D2 Visa holders can apply for Portuguese citizenship.
The Portugal D7 Visa or Retirement Visa is subject to change and that the requirements and regulations may vary over time. Our qualified consultants at Advision Overseas are well equipped to guide you through the golden visa application journey. Click here to book a free consultation with us.