The Portugal D2 visa, also known as the Entrepreneurial Program, is a long-term visa for individuals who want to live in Portugal as a self-employed worker or an entrepreneur. This visa is designed for individuals who want to establish a business in Portugal. The D2 visa is valid for up to 120 days and can be extended for up to one year.
Aspirants of the D2 Visa need to meet following requirements to qualify, including
- Proof of financial resources: Applicants must demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to support themselves and their family members for at least the first year of their stay in Portugal.
- A Business plan: Applicants must provide a detailed business plan that outlines the proposed business activities and how they plan to establish and operate the business.
- Work experience: Applicants must have relevant experience in the proposed business field and must demonstrate that they have the necessary skills and expertise to successfully operate the business.
- Criminal record certificate: Applicants must provide a criminal record certificate from their home country and any country where they have lived for more than one year.
- Health insurance: Applicants must have valid health insurance.
Once the D2 visa is granted, the applicant can travel to Portugal and begin the process of establishing their business. Within the first 90 days of their stay in Portugal, applicants must register their business and obtain a tax identification number. After establishing the business, applicants can apply for a residence permit, which is valid for up to two years and can be renewed.
Holders of the D2 visa receive following benefits:
- Visa-free travel within the Schengen Area: Holders of the Investment Visa can travel freely within the Schengen Area without the need for additional visas.
- Opportunity for permanent residency: After five years of holding the D2 Visa, the applicant can apply for permanent residency.
- Possibility of Portuguese citizenship: After six years of living in Portugal, D2 Visa holders can apply for Portuguese citizenship.
It is important to note that the Portugal D2 Visa or Entrepreneurial Program is subject to change and that the requirements and regulations may vary over time. Our qualified consultants at Advision Overseas are well equipped to guide you through the golden visa application journey. Click here to book a free consultation with us.