Antigua is a small island located in South-east of Puerto Rico in the eastern Caribbean Sea. It is a part of the Lesser Antilles, a group of islands that extends from Trinidad and Tobago in the south to the Virgin Islands in the north. The Caribbean island of Antigua is well-known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and historical sites including Shirley Heights and Nelson’s Dockyard.The island’s tropical environment, water sports, and cultural attractions draw tourists who support a substantial portion of the nation’s economy. The nation also has a developing offshore financial services sector and a minor agricultural sector that grows products like sugarcane and vegetables. An elected Prime Minister serves as the country’s head of state in Antigua, which belongs to the Commonwealth of Nations.
A foreigner can become a citizen of the nation through CBI by making financial contributions to its economy. Such a scheme is provided by Antigua and Barbuda and is known as the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program.
Here is how you can become a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda through investment:
A person must fulfill the following conditions in order to be eligible for citizenship through investment in Antigua and Barbuda:
- Age of at least eighteen.
- Own a clean criminal record.
- Have a healthy body.
- Possess a large net worth.
To apply for citizenship in Antigua & Barbuda through investment, please follow these steps.
Investment: Following that, the applicant must make the necessary investment in one of the following:
- Invest in The National Development Fund contribution.
- A financial commitment to a recognised real estate project.
- An investment in a recognised company.
- Background investigation and due diligence. The applicant and their family members will be the subject of a full background investigation and due diligence by the CIU. This one is the most crucial stage.
- The applicant and their family members will be given citizenship if their application is accepted.
- The application for citizenship by investment must be submitted by an authorized representative in Antigua and Barbuda. The application must be supported by all necessary paperwork, such as copies of birth certificates, passports, and investment records.
For citizenship by investment in Antigua & Barbuda, there are three investment alternatives available:
- A non-refundable contribution of at least $100,000 is required per application for the National Development Fund.
- An investment in a real estate project that has been approved is necessary for this; the investment must be at least $400,000.
- An investment in an authorized business: This calls for a minimum $1.5 million investment in an authorized business.
- Background Check and Due Diligence: The CIU thoroughly investigates the applicant and any members of their family. This includes an examination of any relevant criminal histories, financial records, and other data.
Acceptance and Citizenship:
If your application is accepted, you and your family will be given citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda. Normally, the procedure takes three to four months.
Advantages of obtaining citizenship through investing in Antigua and Barbuda include:
- Visa-free travel is available to more than 160 nations, including the EU, the UK, and Schengen nations.
- There is no need for residency.
- access to tax benefits and business prospects offered by the nation.
- The capacity to transmit citizenship to succeeding generations.
For anyone looking to become citizens of a Caribbean nation, investing in Antigua and Barbuda citizenship is a desirable alternative. The procedure is simple and has a number of advantages, such as visa-free travel and access to tax incentives. Advision Overseas is right here with its great team of certified professionals to get you through this lengthy process.